General Information for a Sick Student
When you are picking up your sick child, please visit the office to sign out your student. Please list the student's name, your name, reason for dismissal and the symptoms that your child is experiencing.
If you need to report that your child is ill and will be absent from school, please call the attendance line (513-682-4117, opt. 1) to report it. Please list the student’s name, your name, reason for absence and symptoms. The school nurse or data specialist will follow up if there’s any additional information needed.
Lakota Local Schools is fortunate to have each of our clinics managed by a full-time registered nurse. Our nurses play an essential role in the daily and chronic health needs of our students, both as a medical professional and as an advocate for safety and health of all students and staff.
Recognizing the physical, emotional, and social needs of the students enables the nurse to advocate and educate for their needs to promote optimal learning in the school setting. Health Services provides a long list of services, some of which include:
- Daily management of the clinic and observation and reporting of health trends;
- Administration of medications and nursing procedures as prescribed by a physician and set forth by District policy;
- Providing first aid and referrals as needed for community resources;
- Developing and educating emergency action plans for students with critical health needs;
- Performing mandated vision and hearing screenings and refers for follow-up as needed;
- Maintaining health records and immunization compliance within the state requirements; and
- Collaborating and consulting with staff regarding student’s health concerns and needs in the school setting.