Welcome to Lakota Central
WE are personalized, offering flexible learning options to meet the learning needs of our students. Our flexible and adaptable style makes us unique and encourages our students to soar.
Lakota Central offers multiple learning paths for students.
- Personalized and unique schedules for student success (different from the traditional seven-period day in a large high school);
- Choice between in-person, live instruction with smaller targeted groups or completely virtual learning with support from certified teachers;
- Project-based learning options and leadership development that meets state standards;
- Credit recovery options to catch up;
- Original credit in a more personalized instructional method allowing for targeted skill development;
- Optimal and customizable learning platforms;
- Choice in scheduling; and
- Early and cyclical interventions for learning or executive functioning support, all with a family feel.
Central students need something different than a traditional seven-bell day.
- Motivated by a shorter school day;
- Motivated to work (experience, internships and credits all available if needed);
- Motivated by athletics demands;
- Motivated by travel;
- Motivated by movement;
- Motivated by small groups and class sizes; and
- Motivated to finish school early.
Lakota Central leverages two buildings and a virtual space to create multiple options for students.
- Humanities Building
- Houses the Art, English and Social Studies departments;
- Located in the lower east wing of West Freshman.
- "STEM" Building
- Houses the Math and Science courses;
- Will also be used for small group classes or virtual check-ins;
- Located in the stand-alone building in front of West Freshman (formerly Lakota Academy).
- Other Features of Lakota Central
- 1:1 technology school where every freshman receives their own device to use throughout high school
- School-based therapy options for students; Lakota Central even has a certified therapy dog to provide extra support.
- Extracurriculars Activities
- Students can participate in extracurricular activities at their home-assigned school (Lakota East or West).
- There are many extracurricular opportunities at Lakota Central as well.
- From clubs, to music and theater, to athletics, there’s something for everyone.